Sunday, April 11, 2010

Birthday Cards For Boys

I started my project today to make at least 150 birthday cards for the Foster Children in my county. I volunteered to make birthday cards for the boys, all ages. My sister is working on the girls' cards. The "Birthday Buddies Program" from The Heart Gallery of Tampa Bay ensures that each Foster Child receives a birthday card and gift on their birthday. Folks choose a card from the Birthday Buddy Tree. We make the handmade cards with a ribbon attached, to hang on the tree. The child's photo, name, age and gift request is on the back of the card. People choose a card from the tree, buy a gift, write a note on the card and return the gift with the card attached. The Foster child receives the gift and handmade card on his/her birthday. So far it has raised $12,000.00 in gifts! Because of the volume needed, all year long, the cards are simple styles and easy to make. I usually make about 20 of a similar design. We make cards all year long and hope to continue for many years to come! We also make Valentine Cards, Graduation Cards, Adoption Cards and Christmas Cards. I enjoy making all these cards so much and now you know why this blog is called: "RubberStampRosie's CARD FACTORY!" Here's a sampling of what I made so far. Thank You for stopping by. More to come!












No comments:

Post a Comment